Anti-Viral Essential Oils
Most people use essential oils with great success for treating many ailments and also to get rid of several issues. Yet, like vitamins and traditional medications they only provide anti-viral protection. For avoiding sickness, one cannot just rely on these anti-viral oils. One must also have healthy life style like:
- Do not get plenty of sleep
- Do not crisp, char in oil or grill all the food. This results in unnecessary accumulation of free radicals in the body
- Replace the toothbrush after a bout with a cold or an illness
- Do not consume junk food
- Frequently wash your hands, particularly when family members are ill
- Do not consume alcohol
- Do not smoke
If you are following the above, anti-viral essential oils are an added advantage to one’s lifestyle.
Anti-Viral Essential Oils – Types
Most essential oils contain anti-viral properties in varying degrees. Following are some of them:
- Tea Tree
There are some essential oils which are anti-viral technically, that is not categorized as anti-viral essential oils, however they are very effective in treating infections, colds and other health problems. These essential oils include:
- Cedar wood
- Rose hip
How to Use Anti-Viral Essential Oils?
Initially, one must consult the health care provider before using these oils. You should consult the health care professional until you are aware about the oil reactions and interactions. You are also advised to use organic and pure form of essential oils to get entire health benefits.
One can use these essential oils in the following ways:
- It can be used as a tincture
- Sprinkle on light bulbs
- Mist air around the room
- In incense and candles
- Add essential oils to bath
- Heat to create a steam
- Massaging with essential oils
- Make into herbal salve recipes
- Burn these essential oils in essential oil diffusers
- Use as a herb vaporizer
One may also use them in teas or also add them to water and drink them.