Juice is a good source of vitamin and minerals and helps in the recovery of illnesses. It contains health-promoting properties. It is drunk for health reasons as well as for taste. Fresh juice is what one should take and not canned or preserved juice.Patients take fruit juice for full recovery and sometimes as a substitute to solids. Even those who fast (abstention from food and drink and other things) take juice as a substitute to solids. The whole day they remain on juice. They feel it is good for health to do so and it is considered to be so.
Different juices are available. One can have orange juice, pineapple, lemon, carrot and many more. All are good for health. They contain vitamins and minerals essential for proper functioning of the body. Essential sugars are available, although a diabetic has to be careful about a juice diet.
Health Benefits of Juice Diet:
Some of the important health benefits of juice diet are listed below:
- Raw juice therapy helps in eliminating and cleansing of the organs namely lungs, liver, kidneys and the skin. It provides a physiological rest to the digestive and assimilative organs. Juice fasting or raw juice therapy helps in the digestion of food and the utilization of nutrients.
- Juices are extracts from plants and fruits, and possess definite medicinal properties. Specific juices are beneficial in specific conditions. They have a positive effect on the organs, glands and functions of the body
- Juices are helpful in the treatment of diseases. Raw fruit and vegetable juices as mentioned earlier are extremely rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes and natural sugars. They help in healing the body. They require no digestion and are assimilated directly in the bloodstream
- Raw juices are extremely rich in alkaline elements that help in normalizing acid-alkaline balance in the blood and tissues, as over-acidity is prevalent in most conditions of ill health
- The organic minerals in raw juices, help in restoring biochemical and mineral balance in the tissues and cells, thereby preventing premature ageing of cells and disease. Raw juices also contain certain natural medicines, vegetal hormones and antibiotics which help recovery from various diseases
Precautions To Be Taken While Preparing Fruit Juice
- Clean the fruits or vegetables properly with water
- If the fruit or vegetable has been waxed, then peel it
- Remove all seeds and pits
- Cut the fruits and vegetables into small pieces so that they can be placed in the juicer
- Some fruits like bananas have to be put in blender, not a juicer
- Serve juice immediately. Stored juice loses its nutrient value
Juice is an essential ingredient in the health processes and is highly recommended by doctors for recuperation and other purposes. Drinking juices should be part of your diet. You can consult your dietician as to which are good for specific ailments and other health related problems.
Benefits of Pumpkin Juice:
- Pumpkin juice is a rich source of Vitamin C and A hence beneficial in boosting your immune system
- People suffering from kidney and liver disorders pumpkin juice is highly beneficial
- Besides being beneficial for kidney and liver ailments pumpkin juice is effective for heart diseases
- A glass of pumpkin juice with honey is effective remedy for people suffering from insomnia
Benefits of Pickle Juice:
It is observed that pickle juice highly popular among sports persons, lets try to find out the various health benefits of pickle juice. Some of the benefits of pickle juice are listed below:
- Pickle juice is considered to be rich source of electrolyte hence reduces the risk of dehydration
- It is observed that pickle juice is also effective for cramps
- A combination of pickle juice, honey and vinegar are effective in treating an upset stomach
So these are some of the pickle juice benefits which make it one of the favorite juices among sport stars.