Massage helps to keep our bodies healthy, radiant and invigorated. It is very common for people to undergo massage to relax and in case they have specific health problems then they can undergo specific massages prescribed for specific health ailments.
Massage is a treatment and practice of manipulation of the soft body tissues with physical, functional, i.e. mechanical, medical/therapeutical, and in some cases emotional purposes and goals. Pressure is applied on the body through structured or unstructured strokes done manually or with the help of mechanical aids.
Various Types of Massages
– Techniques involved in this massage provide relaxation, circulation and eliminate toxins. As a daily practice, Ayurvedic massage techniques can even help to rejuvenate the body
– This has been carried out for years as a means of stimulating healthy breast growth or natural breast enlargement and breast health
– It helps in promoting general relaxation, improves circulation and range of movement, and relieves muscular tension
– It combines the therapeutic properties of essential oils with massage techniques to promote health and well-being
– It combines different massage techniques to enhance sports performance and recuperation. It should be an effective component of any training program
– Use of the thumb and finger pressure on the reflex points of the feet to assist in achieving balance within the body
Oriental Massage Therapies
– These are Oriental-based systems of finger pressure massage, such as Acupressure and Shiatsu that treat points along the acupressure meridians. They release discomfort and rebalance energy.
There are other massages such as Ancient Thai Massage, Breema, Structural Muscular Balancing, Myoskeletal Alignment Technique, Neuromuscular Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy and Deep Tissue Massage.
Benefits of Massage
- It relieves pain
- Relaxes the muscles
- Tones up the body
- Stress reduction
- Activates the parasympathetic nervous system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin
- Prevents fibrosis or scar tissue
- Increases the flow of lymph
- Improves sleep
Who Can Perform Massage Therapies?
Massage can be done by a a professional massage therapist, health care professionals, such as chiropractors, Osteopaths, Athletic trainers and physical therapists. You can find a massage professional in a hospital, nursing homes, sports and fitness centers. They are also available in spas, beauty salons, cruise ships and private offices. They can visit your residences or offices and carry out the massage at your convenience.
Massage is beneficial for the body. One should undergo massage. It keeps it in good shape. Enjoy yourself, have complete relaxation with a body massage-try a massage of your choice and as per your requirement.